RE: [DML] New DeLorean Parts (TAB's specifically)

RE: [DML] New DeLorean Parts (TAB's specifically)

Toby,

Your statement below confused me.

First you say you torque your bolts 2-3 times a year, and then you explain how the bolt stretches. Is it possible you stressed your bolt while re-torque so often? There are a number of critical bolts which most automakers recommend replacement after they have been used (Flywheel to crankshaft is one I can think of) due to stretching when it is installed. There are just so many times you can "stretch" the bolt before it gives (even if you torque it proper by taking it out, cleaning, and reinstalling).

I admit, I am no expert on this topic (or most, for that matter!) but conversations with both DeLorean professionals, and engineers (non-delorean related) say that the most likely cause of bolt failure in this configuration is due to the nut becoming loose and the bolt being stressed BECAUSE it is loose. The fix is to double nut the bolt.

With that said, I may pick up a set of Toby TAB's some time in the future anyway. :)

Your efforts are appreciated; please do not take this as an attack on you or your project.

Marc