Re: [DML] New DeLorean Parts and vendors (SS frames)

Re: [DML] New DeLorean Parts and vendors (SS frames)

Martin, Stian and List,

First, Pearce Design has sold at least 4 SS frames in the last year.
(I know this for a fact since I purchased 2 of the frames myself)

Second, Pearce Design makes a replacement front impact tube, but it is
designed to be bolted on to the SS frame, for easier replacement.
A stock, steel frame could be modified to accept this new SS part, but
the frame would need to be in excellent condition and possibly need to
be reinforced to be strong enough to structurally sound after drilling
and tapping a significant number of holes to mount the new SS part.
It would not be wise to attempt welding a SS part to a steel part.

Third, I have also heard that a DMC vendor has been in contact with
Bryan Pearce and his father about making frames for a vendor.

Pearce Design makes an extremely high quality product. Re-design and
improvements on the original Delorean frame design has resulted in a
product that brings the Delorean automobile up to a new level. There
has been a lot of talk about R&D costs that vendors incurr, but I know
that few have put in as many R&D hours as Pearce Design. I believe
they are approaching the 1,000 hour mark with regards to the time
spent to date on just the measurements, drawings and prototyping of
the frame and associated parts. What many people do not realize is
that the SS frame had to be re-designed just to be able to use SS.
SS must be bent at a different radius than mild steel, or any other
similar material, but the overall dimensions had to be kept the same.

Pearce Design is of the vendors at the Memphis Show this week and they
will have their products on display and are ready to field questions.

I hope this clears up some speculation in advance.

See you all in Memphis in a few days.

Later,
Rich W.

>snip<
>
> >* stainless steel frames made by Brian Pearce (why do they only
offer the front tube extension? And why not make that part in
stainless steel instead of powdercoated steel)