Re: Swapping PRV engine for Chevy or Ford small block

Re: Swapping PRV engine for Chevy or Ford small block

Any old, used car is only as reliable as the owner wants it to be. The
Delorean does have several known weak points and if you are still
running origional ignition and cooling parts you are asking for
trouble. IMHO the stock set-up will always be more reliable then any
conversion because only the person who does the conversion will know
about how to maintain it or even where to get the parts! My advice is
to stay stock as much as possible and use all of the known fixes and
replace all of the parts that age like belts, hoses, ignition, wiring.
In the end it will make the car worth more as any conversion is a "one
of" and in this case not worth more. A Delorean that is properly
maintained is no more prone to breakdowns then any of it's
contemporaries and IMO more reliable as the fuel system is really
simple compared to others of that era. Same for the electrical system.
This doesn't mean things won't break but it should get you home.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757