Re: [DML] Fan Fail Light Without Actual Fan Fail]

Re: [DML] Fan Fail Light Without Actual Fan Fail]

[ moderators note: It's understandable that we all want to defend what we've said or what was said about us, sometimes simply because things get taken the wrong way but let's try to keep things from getting personal here on the list and limit these type of discussions to private Emails.]

Hi John

It was never my intention to belittle your system. I agree wholeheartedly that it is a
better solution than the stock system, and in my last post describd it as a solution that
gives people an alternative to the FanZilla.

I am very used to describing devices as a "box". Every day I talk about "Nokia boxes" to
describe tens of thousands of pounds/dollars worth of Firewall Appliance that I support
and sell. It's not derogatory, it's just a word. I apologise if you took it to mean
otherwise.

My point is (and I'm getting just as tired of repeating it as I'm sure many of you are of
reading it), I want to build this for myself. It's no skin off my nose if anyone out
there has the ability to duplicate it for themselves - I am happy to supply the design
freely. I am not trying to compete with any other product or service, BUT in some ways I
think I can improve on the design - that is a matter of opinion, and for others to
decide.

With regards the water pump, we can source them brand new for £42 ($61) - factor in the
cost of shipping from the US and the price here is far more attractive. All it took was a
photo of the right pump....

Remember I have also done work on parts sourcing, and have "found" auto transmission
filters, front brake flexi-hoses and washer bottle pumps. I'm not a vendor, and do all of
this out of the love for my car and the enjoyment I get as a member of this community.

John, let's just take a step back, give the DML a rest from this issue and chill out over
a beer or five in Memphis.

Martin

dherv10@xxxx wrote:

> Martin and Group, I'll get on my soap box again. I respect the engineering
> background of all trying to better the De Lorean, But The Fan Fix is not Just
> a Box.

<snip>