Re: [DML] Rear Sway Bar Installation

Mike - You are absolutely correct in your concern that the portion of
the frame where the sway bar is attached is too flexible. The
installation was doing okay until I experienced a hard contact at a
rough intersection. The saddle brackets for the rear bar contacted
the pavement, and drove the web of the frame upward about 3/8". I
have obtained a piece of 5056 plate (aluminum/magnesium alloy) that is
1/4" thick, and I am in the process of fabricating upper and lower
reinforcement doublers for the frame web. I am going to move the
attachment about 1" forward while I am at it. This will correct the
angle between the vertical link and the end of the bar. I will offer
up some photos after the modifications are complete.

PS - ARB = Anti Roll Bar (just in case some didn't catch it)

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1