Re: [DML] A/C cycling switch

Hi John,

What can I say but wow! I do have to admit though that the one thing I
don't understand "Yahh Sure" is what you mean by the blower speed. Is that
the fan speed selected inside the car with the selector switch, positions 1
through 4?

I have a FanZilla so I also only have one C/B. DMC Joe advised me after I
bought it that since the FanZilla already has C/B's there was no need for a
second as it would be redundant. The car still has the other C/B though. I
have a basic understanding of the cooling fans and there cycling with the
exception of some of the things you mentioned.

Those being "blower speed affect the cycling, sensitivity of the otterstat,
how circuit breaker reacts, low and high pressure switches affect the
cycling.

The last I tend to confuse with the freon level. I would think many if not
all members would benefit from an indepth explaination of the cooling fans
with the A/C on if nothing else. When the A/C is off is fairly straight
forward, or is it.

In my case, the fans have cycled about every 5 seconds since having the
freon system serviced. That's with the A/C on of course. DMC Joe says I
should replace the cycle switch now that I have re-adjusted it as they are
preset at the factory. I don't mind doing that but do wish the mistakes in
the article had been caught before I did this. If anyone has any advise and
would like to let me know off list that would be fine. I don't want to clog
up the list with the long explanations something like this might require.

The URL of the page in question is listed below.

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/aircondfancycle.html

Thank you

Mike Atkinson