Re: [DML] catalytic heat shield

I know that PJ Grady sells a non-asbestoes replacement that looks
almost exactly like the origional. When removing the old one just try
not to make any dust or shake any pieces loose and immediatly place in
a sealable plastic bag. Double bag it. Dispose of properly, many
states have a hazardous pick-up site that you can take it to. You can
also buy a heat wrap tape to wrap the exhaust pipe where it goes over
the transmission which is especially useful on an automatic to prevent
exessive heat on the trans. The heat shield is needed on the converter
especially if for some reason the engine runs too rich that thing can
start to glow red hot! There is also a heat shield on the muffler that
can be replaced.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> At an SEDOC event about two years ago in Georgia, a guy not on the
> DML, Byrne Henninger was demonstrating a new heat shield kit. This
> is made of a flexible waterproof material that wraps around the cat

[long quote snipped by moderator]