Re: Directional disengage no longer works properly

Re: Directional disengage no longer works properly

Removing and replacing the steering wheel does not require an
alignment unless after replacing the steering wheel it is not in the
"straight ahead" position when going straight ahead. In that case you
do not need a full alignment, just a centering adjustment and possibly
a toe in check. It can be done yourself just as long as whatever
adjustment you do on one side you do on the other (opposite) to the
tie rod ends on the steering rack linkage. If you are unsure about it
getting a good 4 wheel alignment is good insurance for handling and
the life of the tires. Have them balance the tires at the same time
and you will notice a much better ride.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757