Re: Millennium: The DeLorean Motor Company Concours

Re: Millennium: The DeLorean Motor Company Concours

First let me say thank you to all the past judges in this class. Your job is
a long one with little or no recognition. The idea that judges are bias is to
put it mildly BULL. I saw at the Cleveland show how hard this job really is.
In many cases it came down to one or less points between first and second
place on the overall score. DMC Houston has done a great job in putting a
manual together so all that want to compete know what they have to be ready
for. As a way of obtaining a better idea of what is involved in the judging
process, I suggest that anyone stand back and watch a set of judges go over a
car. I promise you very little is missed. Ken as usual has done his "above
and beyond" in making this show one that all will enjoy and will remember for
a lifetime. While I for one encourage input in how the cars are judged, I
feel we as members must realize that not everyone will be happy with the
results. If anyone has constructive input (yes, I do count David T. among
these) then I'm sure James at DMC Houston will be very open to suggestions.
I'm sorry that I will have to miss the show in Memphis but I have my comp
finals the next weekend. So remember we are all owners of these cars because
we love them, the judges are themselves owners and from what I have seen are
very knowledgeable on the correctness of our rides. If someone has a large
problem with the judging, then come and see what they go thru, would you want
their job???

Bruce Battles
Vin# 06569