Mid-Atlantic DeLorean Spring Social...

Spring is in the air, and this means it's time for some of us to dust off our cars and get them ready for the new driving season. And what better way to kick off the new season of driving than to attend this years DeLorean Mid-Atlantic Spring Social? Due to the overwhelming turnout last year (33 DeLoreans!), this year it will be a 3-day event. April 26th-28th. The event is open to anyone... club member or not. (You can become a club member that day however if you wish. It only costs $15 for the year, and you get a lot of stuff for that!) The Lotus Owners of NY are also invited, so there will be a variety of Lotus' to see there that day!

Day 1:
It all starts on Friday evening when out-of-towners check in to the Hampton Inn hotel in Flemington NJ. There will be a room where Rob Grady will take your questions about anything DeLorean related. It will also be at that time when you can sign up for your car to be inspected the following day. From there, we'll move on to dinner at a really great Italian restaurant which is not more than 1 mile from the Hotel. After dinner, anyone who is interested can either return to the hotel for a good nights rest, or can hit the town and enjoy some beverages.

Day 2 - The main event:
On Saturday, we'll gather in the parking lot of the hotel to drive over to the main event. This year we'll be at Don's Jaguar Service, which is only about 2 miles from the hotel as well. At the location you'll be able to do many things. Club members will have the option to have their torsion bars adjusted for free, and also a general, quick inspection if they like. The torsion bar adjustment will be performed on those cars with droopy door syndrome, where necessary, by the door inspector. There will be a car show also, where you can enter your car to win a really nice trophy and other awards. Also, awards will be given for furthest traveled with their DeLorean! Club members who put their name on the list for the inspection from Rob Grady will be able to pull their car into the shop and put it on the lift for a more thorough inspection and possibly some minor repairs. Only a few cars will be able to be gone over due to the time frame involved. (The first people who sign up at the hotel are the ones who will get preference.) There will be food, music, raffles, and DeLorean talk all over the place. After the event, off we'll go to another location for dinner. This one I'll leave open to the decision of the group, but my suggestion is a local Chinese restaurant. They have an unbeatable, and affordable, buffet of all kinds of Chinese food; including Sushi! All you can eat for (I think) under $10!

Day 3:
Then, if you choose to stay until Sunday, we'll all take a ride down to Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ for their Spring Car Show and Swap Meet! There are HUNDREDS of different kinds of cars and vendors there that day. It's really a great show. Let's swamp the place with DeLoreans!

Now, the costs for the weekend:
Hotel: Reduced rate $89/night (if you're close by and want to drive up and not spend the night, that's fine)
Dinner at Italian restaurant: Your choice (not mandatory)
Torsion bar adjustment: Free for club members (membership is only $15/yr.)
To attend event on Saturday: $5 to help pay for the food served that day
To enter your car in the show to compete for the awards: $5 (helps pay for the awards)
For club members to put their car on the lift for a thorough inspection: $20 (goes directly to club funds for future events and club costs.)

More info: The hotel is very nice. Normal price is $119, but I got a group rate of $89 per room per night. You can reserve friday night, and saturday night if you'd like as well. The room includes free continental breakfast, TV with cable, coffee maker in rooms, full shower with bath, choice of single king or dual queen size beds, indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi, small fitness room and there's a washer/dryer if needed. A maximum of 4 people can occupy a room. There are only 18 rooms available. 4 Kings with smoking, 2 Kings non-smoking, 3 Kings with handicapped access, 4 double queens with smoking, 4 non-smoking, and 1 double queen handicapped accessible. (The handicapped rooms can be occupied by anyone, they just have the special rails in the bathrooms.) If you plan on attending, you MUST reserve your room by April 12th. After 4/12, the reservations will be cancelled and open to the public... and this hotel books really quickly! To book your room, call 908-284-9427 and tell them you'd like to reserve a room with the "Mid-Atlantic DeLorean Club". Give them your credit card info and you'll be all set! The address of the hotel is: Hampton Inn, 14-B Royal Road, Flemington, NJ 08822

Rob Grady is donating his time to come down and perform the inspections and minor work on our cars. He is donating his time to help support our club. He will have a small supply of parts there that you can purchase if you like. I hope to see as many of you as I can at this event. It's always a pleasure meeting new, as well as veteran Delorean owners.

Thank you,
---Dan