DMC Houston radio Bracket Question (and others...)

DMC Houston radio Bracket Question (and others...)

I didn't install the radio in my car, I had it done. But, my question
is this: Is a radio adjustable inside of the sleeve? The reason I ask
is this. On my car, the face of the radio sticks out farther than the
bracket, beacuse of the sleeve that holds it. So to cover things up,
theres a little frame that came with the unit that covers everything
up. Problem is, I hate it! Every car (D or otherwise) I've seen with
an after market radio seems to stick out beyond the console/dash.
While of course factory original always remains either flush, or
recessed. This is a look I perfer. It gives a more "stock", if not
professional/nicer appearance. Now I've never used one of Houston's
brackets, but to me the smaller sized hole for the unit to fit thru
would be a whole lot better at hiding the rest of the radio behind
the bracket! It just seems to me that something needs to be
implemented to support the front portion of the radio.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"