Re: [DML] fuel pressure tester

The suction hose that I am referring to is the hose that connects the
fuel pump to the baffle in the bottom of the fuel tank. It is very
easy to kink when installing the fuel pump if it is turned as you
reassemble. It also can get soft and mushy with age and under high
flow it can collapse under vacuum. During testing this may occur.
Getting back to your hard hot start it typically is a bad fuel
accumulater or a bad or missing check valve on the fuel pump. The test
to check this by switching 2 plugs will not help you determine if it
is either the accumulater of check valve as you need both parts
operating corrrectly to hold up the rest pressure. To test for the
check valve just clamp off the return line to the fuel tank and either
watch the pressure or just try to restart hot. To check the
acccumulater remove the return line and clamp off. Start the fuel pump
and if fuel comes out the return of the accumulater the diaphgram is
ruptured. If you do find yourself replacing the fuel filter or the
accumulater BE CAREFUL WITH THE FUEL LINES. Kinking or bending them
may require raising the body to replace them!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757