Re: [DML] Control Pressure Regulator/Twin Turbos [long]

Re: [DML] Control Pressure Regulator/Twin Turbos [long]

Martin, My suggestion would be to check the fuel return lines going back to
the tank. Then if these are ok, then check the primairy pressure regulator in
the fuel distributor. The primary pressure regulator in the fuel distributor
may be shimed to tight. Sounds like the CPR may be working ok, be sure to
check the electrical connections.Something is retaining the restricting
pressure on the control plunger. There is a small decoupling restriction bore
that may be stopped up in the fuel distributor. Have you run any fuel cleaner
thru the car.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/

<< On Saturday, we got around to attempting to start #2727 for the first
time. Knowing there was something up with the CPR I took it apart. It
was completely clean inside. I blew through both ports with the shop
air-hose and if there was a blockage, it's gone now! (I could feel air
passing through). I also undid those four small flat-head screws and
removed and cleaned the components underneath. (two little plates and a
funny little cap in between). I then reassembled everything. As soon as
the pump got petrol into the CPR, the air flow sensor went really stiff
again.

I have no idea how this device works, but if anyone has any
hard-and-fast solution for this apparent blockage, please let us know! >>