Re: [DML] A disservice to our car

Mike

Your comments about the DeLorean in the book illustrate the ignorance of the public about
what really happened to the DeLorean.

As you may know, the most common question people ask about DeLorean is "Is he out of jail
yet?"

That fact that the public has this impression is a fault of the media not telling the truth
or at least both side of a story.
It is also a problem that the media does not put a much time into closure on a story as they
do in headline grabbing.

Even though the United States claims they have a free press, this does not mean that that
press wants to or even tries to print fair and equivalent stories.

As any reporter will tell you "We are in the business to sell newspapers (TV viewers,
etc.)" The truth and fairness has nothing to do with it.

DeLorean and his reputation will never be cleared in the publics mind because telling the
truth does not make money.

Just look at Enron, Global Crossings, Waste Management, Middle West Utilities, Drexel
Burnham Lamber-Junk Bonds, World Com, Tyco Industries, Resolution Trust Corporation
Bailout............