Black interior, 1981, owned 15 years.

DMCJohn:

Being on the east side of the country myself, I can relate to the
problem of buying a west coast DMC-12. (read: I haven't bought one yet.)
There was one I was considering in Stockton, California, which I saw an
advert for online. Here's the URL. He doesn't say whether it's stick or
auto, but my guess is stick unless otherwise mentioned. Also since this
man has owned it for 15 years, I would expect the repair history will be
easy to get. ;)

http://www.cars-on-line.com/81delorean6786.html

I saw this ad at least a month ago so I would check to see if it is
still available. If it is, in my humble opinion, you'll be getting a
hell of a deal. I would have bought it if I could have raised the money
and I live in New Orleans!

And I would have no qualms about buying a car in California. I'm sure
you could find a fellow DeLorean enthusiast in the area who could help
you inspect the car, etc. (unless you've already owned one and know what
to look for).

Good luck, happy hunting, etc.

Regards,
Farrar Hudkins