      1. Re: Releasing Luggage Compartment Lid
           From: J <sundiver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: torsion bar removal
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Hand-Brake
           From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Drive train and cooling system problems
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Ohio DeLorean Get Together
           From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: torsion bar removal
           From: "mcookwwi" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. black leather stats.
           From: "dmcjohn" <dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. URL request
           From: "Phil Peters" <philpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Engine upgrade poll.
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Re: torsion bar removal
           From: Peter Lucas <lucas@xxxxxxxx>
     11. RE: URL request
           From: "IN2TIME" <Gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Re: Front Suspension Mod's
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     13. RE: URL request
           From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: URL request For AC Panel Illumination
           From: jwit6@xxxxxx
     15. Re: URL request
           From: "daveswingle2" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Car wont start... Starts now!!!
           From: "Adam Price" <acprice1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: black leather stats.
           From: Craig Clarke <mister_c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: Re: door strut (up or down?)
           From: Mike Hirko <mikehirko@xxxxxxx>
     19. Re: URL request
           From: "John Galik" <j.galik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     20. Leather Treatment
           From: "Digital Devices" <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     21. A thank you to the fine Senator
           From: billsfanmd@xxxxxxx
     22. Re: Fuel pressure at the injectors?
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
     23. Re: AC-panellights modification (Was: URL request)
           From: "janvdwouw" <jvdwouw@xxxxxxx>
     24. Re: door strut (up or down?)
           From: "janvdwouw" <jvdwouw@xxxxxxx>
     25. AIM/AOL Chat List
           From: Jim Reeve <ultra@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:29:05 -0500
   From: J <sundiver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Releasing Luggage Compartment Lid

On Thursday 03 January 2002 11:21 pm, you wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there anyone that knows how to open the lid for luggage compartment, if
> the cable comes disconnected while closed? I asked the DOA and they gave me
> instructions to go in through the brake fluid reservoir, but I was
> wondering if there is an easier way to pop the lid.

Depends on what you consider easier. I had the cable break on me when the
luggage compartment was full of stuff, so there was no way I could go in
through the reservoir cover. What I ended up doing was to pull up gently on
the corner of the hood near the passinger door just enough so that I could
slide in a broom stick. With the brook stick I pushed on the metal lever
under the hood latch (the piece that the cable pulls on), and opened the
latch. The lever gets pulled toward the drivers side by the cable, so if you
can get the broom stick in from the passinger side and get the end against
the lever, you can push it open.

Message: 2