Re: If it's not broke, don't break it...

Re: If it's not broke, don't break it...

Go over all of the work that was just done. Somewhere along the line
you did something. Either you mixed up a plug, a wire, a hose, or
maybe you have a defective ignition wire or spark plug. Another
possibility is that you knocked a hose or wire loose in the area
between the engine and the firewall. It is very tight in there and
easy to do without noticing. Go over every plug and vacuum
hose.(Including the one that goes down to the auto trans!) Be very
slow, careful and meticulous and you will find it. You may have to go
over the firing order if you mixed up the ignition wires. (Make sure
they are snugly snapped on. You didn't stretch any did you? Ignition
wires don't take kindly to being stretched! You break the carbon
inside.) If you dropped a spark plug it could be cracked and sparking
inside. A dropped plug is supposed to be tested or thrown away!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757