Re: [DML] New Owner Question/Tank cleaning

Re: [DML] New Owner Question/Tank cleaning

Don't drop the tank! Your just making work for yourself. The hole through
which you have to clean the tank is the same size weather you drop the tank
or not.

Remove the fuel pump and boot and the fuel sending unit. Siphon out
everything you can and wipe the rest out with rags. Get some Gunk engine
degreaser and spray the entire inside of the tank. Scrub it out with a long
handled toilet brush. Work around the baffles and wire retainers. Hose the
inside down with your garden hose and then vacuum it out with a wet dry shop
vac. Repeat as many times as in necessary. When clean, wipe it our with a
clean towel and let ir dry for a few days before you reassemble and fill it
with fuel. A simple $9.00 flourescent work light from WalMart fits right into
the sending unit hole so you can see how you're doing, but make sure you only
use the light after your first flush with the hose.

Jim