Re: [DML] air induction manifold removal - then what?

Re: [DML] air induction manifold removal - then what?

In for a penny, in for a pound...

If you've gone that far, I say keep going. You've already done most of the hard parts. You will likely find an incredible mess to clean up in the valley between the cylinder banks. Plus you *definitely* want to replace the little cooling hoses down there. Get the good silicone ones from Grady. If your water pump is original, you should seriously consider doing that, too.

Yes, you need a bunch of O rings and gaskets. Just get the kit. The idle speed pipe is a pain, but it is just a matter of patience. One trick is to observe the pipe through the air metering plate opening so you can see if it is correctly placed. Don't forget the O ring.

When I did mine, I tried to document every nut, washer and wire. When I get time, I intend to put together a detailed checklist to complement the excellent articles available in the DMCNews Tech Section. Except for keeping track of all the details, this really isn't that hard a project, and it is certainly a good way to get to know your engine.

--Pete Lucas
VIN #06703