Re: [DML] TA Bolt questions

Les, Hang on a few day's. The multilevel answer is coming. The TA bolts are
10.6 hex head original in one of my cars, TS is rated at 150,800 psi. This is
a good hard bolt for attaching two flat surfaces together. You will see these
all over the car. Another car had replacements put in and they were Socket
head cap screws rated 12.9 at 176,900 psi. These bolts are higher rated for
hanging things on them that arn't flat to flat surface. Even thought they
were all bent a little, how hard is to hard. None were broke. I to feel they
may bend a little into place, but I would rather have them bend also than
break. The 12.9 has 15% more strength than the 10.9. I'm meeting with an
engineer about them in a day or two and also with a supplier for
mil spec bolts to see what they have to offer and at what price.
John hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/