Re: [DML] Magazine rebuttal

Tom, Very well said, But please allow me to make a comment. I own a book
wholesale company. We sell to major chain stores products such as books,
Video's,audios,Cd's, magazines and so on.
In our world of publishing, a catalogue is a collection of normally one's own
books, products and services and is given out freely.
A magazine however, the publisher sets the theme and solicits products and or
services to participate in it through advertising, articles which a royalty
is paid or other forms of revenue generation and you purchase it.
DMC Houston at this time has produced a very high quality catalog of products
and services. They are very expensive to produce and very time consuming. We,
the public buy catalogs and magazines. Just like my web site or any one
else's, is it a catalog or a magazine. I have both going on my web site, I
have products of others that compliment the site and the theme of what I'm
producing and products of mine. Since I'm the publisher, I reserve the right
to show or not to show. My site is for a little profit, but what I make
doesn't begin to cover the production cost, computer, phone line and the R &
D. and all the other expenses that go along with producing a catalog or
magazine.
If it's a catalog, magazine or restaurant that supplies services and
information you want and at a small cost, then what's the problem. I spent
$35.00 the other night on two margaritas and dinner. DMC Houston and other's
in producing products also takes the fear out of someone buying the car that
there isn't a network of supplies and services available. Most people I talk
to are afraid they can't fine parts. To me, catalogs, magazines and web sites
helps support the valve of the car since we don't have any new car sales to
bring it up.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/