Re: Reverse

Those sound like the wires for the reverse switch. I replaced my
reverse switch a couple of weeks ago. If I remember correctly,
both wires are green, one with a either a black or a white stripe.

Assuming that the contacts on the tail light boards are making
proper electrical connection, and the fuse is good, testing
should be simple. Turn the key to the on position, and jump the
wires. The lights back up lights should come on. Once you
connect the wires to the switch, the lights should turn on when
you shift into reverse.

In my case, I had a bad switch on the tranny. There was a little
corrosion on the outside, but nothing really visable that would
indicate an internal failure. Wheather the switch is good or not,
there is a rubber boot that is supposed to cover the switch to
keep it dry. It has a hole on the end for the wires to go thru. If you
don't have this part, it would be a good idea to pick it up.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Ok... so my reversing lamps don't work, and never have since I
bought the car... Need to do them next.

> The switch on the gear box has now wires going to it... thats a
start.

> I have found two wires in the engine bay both green with a
coloured stripe. can't remember the colours. These are just long
enough to reach the switch, have tried them and still nothing,
> can some one point me in the right direction as to wheter
these are the right ones, and how to test the revers switch ( 5
speed box)