Synder Delorean and Irving Delorean

Here's another Texas Tale.

I was in the Dallas area for a couple of weekend shows
with my band and my drummer and I thought it would be
great to check out the Deloreans in the 'Toyota of Irving' show room. They had been sitting there since the early 80s and were never titled. I first saw them a little over 10 years ago. One was a grey interior automatic, the other was a black manual.

When we got there, they only had one left in the show room. It was the 1982 black manual. I talked with a
salesman for a bit about it who was really excited that we stopped by, but didn't know anything about the
car. Jordan (drummer) and I checked out the car for
about 3 minutes. Jordan found that there was gelled
oil on the bottom of the engine. The car has about 113 miles on it, never titled. There are very minor scratches and seat wear, but other than that its in
perfect condition.

The salesman when back to talk to the owner and came
back and said "The last offer we had was $50,000 and we turned it down" .. and I told him "do you know how much it would cost to make this a running vehicle? its been sitting for 20 years. It would probably be best as a museum piece at a price more than that". He asked how much I paid for mine and I told him my shopping story the ones I considered, the one I bought and about the warehouse in Ohio that a company in Houston owns.

He gave me his card .. 10 years ago I was told that both cars were selling for $80,000 each. I have no idea what happened to the other car ..

It's not too late to get your 1/18 scale Diecast DeLorean model! To order, call 800/USA-DMC1 or visit our online store at http://www.delorean.com