Re: Trailing Arm Bolt Question.

If you have any doubts as to the safety of the trailing arm bolts just
change them, they aren't expensive and not hard to do. As to the
tendency for the car to behave differently turning left or right under
heavy acceleration this is an indication that the thrust angle is not
correct which requires a 4 wheel alignment to put the proper # of
shims behind the trailing bolts to get the rear wheels to both point
straight ahead. Order the trailing bolts and some shims and treat the
car to a good alignment letting the shop put the new bolts in
following the correct procedures and torque specs. Even with a proper
alignment there can be a tendency for torque steer so you can never
get it perfect.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757