Re: Heater Problem Clarified

Try this: If you can see the heater valve, have someone turn the
heat on and off (the engine has to be running to do this so BE
CAREFULL!). You should see the arm on the valve move as they turn
the heat on and off. If it doesn't then you have one of two problems
that may cause this: 1. You have a vaccum leak or no vaccum going to
the valves vaccum diaprhams 2. the valve is frozen closed.

If there is nothing wrong with your valve then you may have a kinked
or blocked hose. The heater core could also be clogged.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, deloreanss@xxxx wrote:
> Let me try to clear some stuff up about my problem, I would like
to get this
> solved ASAP, it is getting cold. I have no heat at the vents per
se. I don't
> think I have any heat at the core either. My coolant level is fine
(always).
> My thermostat is fine. My system is constantly bled (Thanks again
DMC Joe).
> My fans work perfect. My car runs at the correct temperature. I
haven't tried
> feeling the hoses that go to the valve, but that is the best idea
I have
> heard so far. I will have to do that. If anyone has a suggestion,
I would