Re: Spare tire Question/Idea.

This procedure is not recomended but it works. Take the spare tire to
a tire shop that will be comfortable in demounting and remounting the
spare. Ask if they have Camel Bead Sealer or equivelent. Have them
apply liberaly to the bead of the tire and rim. The problem with the
spare is that it does not seal well at the bead of the rim and by
using the Bead Sealer it will now hold air. It should be checked at
least monthly but my spare holds 60 psi and now doesn't leak. Before
doing this it wouldn't hold air for 1 day! If they are a little sloppy
with the sealer just clean it up when you get home. Keep a large
plastic bag and a bungee cord with the spare just in case you ever
have to use it! The flat tire can be placed either on the passenger
seat or on top of the engine cover with the bungee cord holding the
sunshade (in the plastic bag). If you inspect your tires weekly
including air pressure and replace when the tread indicators show your
chances of needing the spare are low.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757