Re: Spare tire Question/Idea.

My wierd experience with the spare - when I got the car it would not
hold air either. This was caused by the pieces of foam under it in
the storage area holding moisture and causing the aluminum to pit. I
took the tire into a tire store and asked them to de-mount the tire
so I could clean up the rim. They could not get it off the rim!! They
were able to break it off the bead, so I did what I could with steel
wool by kneeling on the tire to hold it out of the way. It will now
hold air for a few weeks at a time, fine for as much as I drive it.

At any rate, your problem is likely with the rim and not the tire.

Bad thing about the sealant is that if it doesn't work, you end up
with some really disgusting goo in your spare tire well.

If your tire is really bad, like torn or something, a complete
replacement is not all that hard to come by. There is not much
demand, and anyone parting out cars ends up with a bunch of them (Bob
Miller where are you?)

FYI - the bolt pattern on a DeLorean is very standard, I was able to
bolt my DMC wheels onto my 96 Integra, although since the hub on the
Integra was smaller it would not have been safe to drive. For this
reason the Integra wheels would not bolt onto the DeLorean.

Actually, in my opinion, for everyday use the best spare for a DMC is
a cellphone. How often do you really have flat tires anyway?

Dave Swingle <--works for a cellphone manufacturer