Re: [DML] vin plate

When I was in the wharehouse in Colombus in 1998 Leif Montin, the
former parts manager, was working for DMC at the time and showed me a
cardfile that he said contained vin #s, dealer lists and frame #s. He
said it wasn't complete but there was a lot of info that someday would
(time permitting) be made available. For further info contact James
Espey as he might know what became of it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> To my knowledge, the number plate on the frames never match the VIN
plates
> on the dash and door opening (although they seem to be close on many
cars).
> Perhaps they meant them to match at one time, but in the end, none
of the
> cars were assembled that way. Also as far as I know, there is no
record
> that keeps track of what frame number was used on which cars.
Unless anyone