Re: [DML] Door Lock Module (long)

Walt and group. Again I'm not making a case to save the door lock module, But
I finally made mine lock up also and it was in the position of the door
switch. So, If your carefully you might be able to avoid the problem. Also,
the smaller circuit breaker played a big part in the module not burning up.
It tripped very often till I caught it in-between locks and unlocked the
doors. If you still have the original door lock module and can't afford a
Zilla at this time, then put in the smallest circuit breaker you can I'm
going to try a 10 amp this weekend. I also talked to Bosch and the original
relays that were used in the module were silver contacts which is a softer
metal. The newer replacements are silver/nickle which is a much harder
material for the contact and are rated 30 amps in this application. I guess
my question is. If I'm able to use a circuit breaker now at 15 amps and can
possibility go to 10 amps, then the relay in the module isn't the problem to
begin with, it has to be that the circuit breaker doesn't trip quick enough
and that allows the module to burn up when the door switch sticks or is in
the wrong position. I'm not spending a lot of time with this, but I have also
talked to some others and found out that the modules must have been used in
random and they found the problem quick or early in the installation.
Thet as all for now.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/