Where to put the inner door seal seam

Hello,

I'm in the middle of replacing my headliners at the moment; I just
took them out and am removing the old fabric right now.

Since the door seals had to come off anyway and were really bad
(a rip about 10" long at the RH windshield corner for example)
and caused my Passenger door to jam a little bit,
I decided to replace the inner seals while I was at it.

I'll probably get around to re installing the seals this sunday, so
there should be enough time for me to get response from you:

Where is the seam between the two ends of the seal supposed to be?
I was told by someone to put it just above the doorswitches at the
front of the door, but on my LH door the seam was at the sill in the
middle above the DMC letters and at the RH door the seam was in the
straght piece above the arm rest.

I've seen some other cars and pictures and I can't really say there's
a favorite place for the seam...

At the front of the doors seams logical since there's not that much
spray there, but couldn't water creep in if the seam was in a
vertical piece of seal?

Hope to hear from you all soon,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...