      1. Re: Delorean in People Magazine
           From: turbodmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
      2. An alternative Speedo thought ...
           From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp@xxxxxxxxxx>
      3. DeLorean Prototype
           From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Delorean Parts prices Then and Now
           From: turbodmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
      5. Re: strange looking spoiler
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
      6. Re: is a good mechanic is hard to find???
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
      7. Re: my 'thunk' sound
           From: Gary Valenziano <piason@xxxxxxxx>
      8. Body Panel and Mold/Die Question.
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
      9. Re: D for sale on ebay
           From: "Jan van de Wouw" <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Optima battery defect
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Molds/Body Dies
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     12. Re: strange looking spoiler
           From: "Jan van de Wouw" <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Body Reproduction (was Body Dies, People Mag.. etc.)
           From: "Andrei Cular" <acular1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. RE: my 'thunk' sound
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:46:25 -0000
   From: turbodmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Delorean in People Magazine

Just my 2 cents regarding some prospective on the economic times of
1982.The corvette production (the car the DeLorean was supposed to
compete with)Typically had been on the order of 50,000 cars per year
for many years, in 1982 The production of corvettes was half at around
25,000 cars. I would think that much of this had to do with GM
recognizing that the business was way off due to the economy.

Some more points of reference, sticker price for an 81 vett about $16
K, sticker price for An 81 DeLorean 25K, sticker price for an 82 vett
18K and 22k for the limited production Collectors edition, sticker
price for an 82 DeLorean $34K .

My  point is that the DeLorean was not only released under less then
Ideal economic times but it's Sticker price was more then 50% more
then the corvette, which was the market that it was targeted to
compete in.

One more observation, weren't most of the DeLorean dealer's GM dealers
also? Wouldn't that mean that DeLorean dealers were also trying to
sell Corvettes?
Just looks like one more obstacle in the sale of the DeLorean at that
time.

Mike D.

Message: 2