Re: DeLorean Prototype

--- In dmcnews, Travis Goodwin wrote:
> Hunting on Ebay I found a review of the DeLorean prototype.
[snip]
> http://www.dolemite.com/prototype.jpg
> It's interesting to note the differences.
> Is it my imagination or is the
> engine actually IN the passenger compartment?

If memory serves me right the DeLorean was supposed to be a
MID-engined car in the initial development.
Having the engine in front of the rear wheels would involve
moving a lot of things forward, including the rear wall of
the passenger compartment.

When they switched to the rear-engine setup we are all driving today
they could put the wall backward, creating the parcelshelf above the
gearbox we know now.

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000