Brushed stainless finish

Hello,
I had my local garage remove a dent in my passenger side door (roof)
They only had to heat the spot, pound a little and polish somewhat. It's almost as good as new.

My question now is: How do I get the original finish back? Its polished right at the spot, I have tried using the scotchbrite with the grain, but to no help. I mean, how long are you supposed to use the scotchbrite before seeing any result?

I'm tempted to try and scuff the spot against the grain, and then with the grain again. Will that help?

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759