Re: [DML] Brushed stainless finish

Stian,

I discussed this with one of the foremost guru's of DeLorean fame, Rob
Grady. For my situation, he suggested starting out with 80 grit sand paper
and finishing up with a Scotch-brite pad. I did this with excellent
results. Rob also said that anything finer than 80 grit is more apt to
polish rather than texture.

>From my trial & error, I have learned the following: The trick is to NOT
cross the grain at all -- ever. Use long straight lines following the
grain. It is better to do one narrow band running the length of the panel
rather than try to touch up just one small spot. When you are done, the
finished area will be brighter than the rest, but soon it will re-oxidize to
match everything else.

Walt Tampa, FL