Re: Spares

I don't have a checklist but for "newbies" mayby it would be a good
idea to create one. The best advice I can give you is to meet other
members with Deloreans and see how they are supposed to look and have
your car gone over by someone who knows what they are doing. Now after
this if anything changes you will see something out of place or not as
it was and know there is a problem. Some of the most important areas
to look at are:
Tire pressure and tire condition (Don't forget the spare!).
lug nuts
coolant level and condition
fuel leaks
fuse and relay panel
battery
trailing arm bolts
engine compartment in general
ground under the car after it has cooled off and sat for a while

There is really nothing too unique about the mechanicals or
electricals of the Delorean as opposed to other fuel injected cars
that you may own. Use the owner's manual and just go over the car from
front to back, top to bottom and get familiar with it. If you do it in
the same order everytime you will get to know when something isn't
right.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Ed Garbade <garbadee@xxxx> wrote:
> As a new owner I would certainally appreciate advice on what to
check in a
> "pre-flight". Not being an expert auto mechanic nor having direct

[moderator snip]