Hot start problem

List, I don't have this problem yet, knock on wood, but I do have a
question regarding it. I realize that 95% of hot start problems are
caused by a faulty fuel accumulator. Another cause is a faulty check
valve in the fuel pump causing the system to lose pressure also. The
other cause is a faulty thermo-time switch causing the cold start
valve to fire every time the engine is started, flooding a hot engine.
The way to check for this is to unplug the cold start valve when the
engine is hot, & if it starts up, the problem is a faulty thermo-time
switch. If this doesn't solve your hot start problem, it is most
likely caused by a faulty accumulator. It could also be the fuel pump
check valve. Now for my question: Is there any way to tell which
one is causing the problem, the accumulator or the check valve,
other than buying an accumulator & installing it because it is most
likely the problem? If there is no way to tell, I'd much rather spend
$15 on a new check valve before I spend $110 on a new accumulator
if I'm not 100% sure what is causing the hot start problem.

John Yeoman