Cold start valve question

Just took my car out for another 200 mile trip
today...I've now deemed it as "I can trust it" car...
it runs better than my bronco, and it has a rebuilt
engine!

One thing I have done is disconnect the blue cold
start valve to prevent the hot start problem (I hope
the accumulator doesnt go next from the nighmares I
have heard about getting it installed)...

Anyhow, will it cause any damage leaving it unplugged?
Will the car start when it's cold without it hooked
up? It's easy enough to hook and unhook, thats not a
problem, I just want to make sure I will not cause any
damage by doing it.... my D is no longer a "start once
a month, and maybe drive it car", it's now a "any nice
weekend she goes out on the town with me" car - and I
do not want to risk damaging anything...

On a second note while I am thinking of it... the
driver's side floor in my car feels kind of soggy...
is this normal?

I've been extra careful to not put weight on it...I
wasn't sure if it's something that's normal or if I
should have a look at it.

Thanks!
Mike
VIN 855