Mismatched VIN/Build months

In the course of assisting Knut Grimsrud in creating the DeLorean Production
Chronology over the past few years, we've noticed a few cars like this. One
possible explanation (partially backed up by a De Lorean Motor Company
internal memo discovered at the factory in 1997) is that some cars for one
reason or another were pulled from the assembly line (the memo discusses
cars with emission problems, in particular) and once the problem was
corrected they were returned to production, hence the build month being "out
of whack" with the rest of the VIN's brethren.

I second Erik's welcome to Bastiaan, and encourage you to register for the
DeLorean Owners Directory...

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas