Re: Otterstat question

The otterstat needs to be submersed in order to work properly.
With the switch in the up position, air can collect around the
thermostat elements in the switch and prevent the switch from
closing by insulating the switch from the actual coolant
temperature. This would prevent the fans from coming on,
risking an overheating condition.

Mike