Re: a few maybe related engine problems (long post!)

Re: a few maybe related engine problems (long post!)

To Aaron and the list,

I believe (hope) your 'randomly will not start' problem can be fixed
by reading
www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/starterfix.html
The title, "Factory Starter Circuit Upgrade" says it all.
On early DeLoreans, prior to VIN 2547 needed this fix.
My July '81 DeLorean does the exact same thing yours does.
I personally have not tried this fix but I had better get to it.

Mark R. Vanyo
VIN #02261
Lic OUTATYM
Seattle, Washington

P.S. Then again you told me earlier that you had all the circuit
breakers updated. I wonder if the starter circuit my have already
been fixed?

#2: Randomly will not start. Not too often, but often enough to be
annoying, the car will not start. I get in, turn the key, and
nothing happens. I hear the familiar two-second hum, and all the
accessories (radio, lights, etc.) come on, but the car does not turn
over at all. Usually I try to start it a few more times, but
nothing. I sit and wait for a couple of seconds, then try again and
it starts right up like nothing was wrong. This appears to occur
when the engine is colder, but it has happened when the engine was
hot. This has happened off and on since I started driving the car.