Re: a few maybe related engine problems (long post!)

Re: a few maybe related engine problems (long post!)

I think I can boil your problems down to three things to check for. I
will start with the acceleration problem first since it's the easiest.
Watch the tach and see if it is starting off in second gear. You can
tell because you will only see the tach jump once at the 2-3 shift.
The other problem is a vacuum leak and the need to change the
secondary ignition system including cap, rotor, ignition wires, spark
plugs. Insect every hose and test for leaks, they occur in places you
can't always see or sometimes they get knocked off inadvertantly.
After you finish replacing all of these parts have the mixture set on
an emission analyzer.
The final problem is electrical. Clean all conections paying
particular attention to "grounds" like the one on the frame in front
by the front left wheel. Start at the battery and work your way
through the car concentrating on the large connections first.
David Teirelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Aaron King" <floodle@xxxx> wrote:
> OK, here's what I have. A few relatively minor problems, all
relating to
> the way the engine runs. I don't know if there's a connection
between them,
> but something seems kind of suspicious. I'll list them and hope
someone
> smarter than myself can figure one or more of these problems out.
For the

your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com