Leaking fuel distributor

Hello List:
Well I found my gas leak, small as it is, it still must be fixed before I can drive the car again.

This car had a small fire in the area below the air intake before I got it, it had burned some of the vac lines and the face off the heater transfer vac unit. I replaced all the copper seals thinking the gas was coming from one of the lines after it sits for awhile.
The fuel distributor has a small gas leak on the back side at the joint were the top and bottom haves meet. I took the unit off and tried to tighten it but it is very tight already.
Is this a common problem? How does one stop this leak? I have priced a new one ,boy that is out of the question for a little leak like this.
Does anyone know of a rebuild or something other than a $1000.00 new one.

Jerry
Vin # 4890