Re: Leaking fuel distributor

The fuel distributer is supposed to be an "unserviceable" unit
assembly. In reality it can be disassembled but there is a metal
gasket that once used (crushed) it isn't supposed to be reused. If the
unit is leaking from there it can be reused if you are VERY careful
with it and don't bend it. Spread a THIN layer of silicone (sensor
safe of course) on both sides and tighten REALLY tight. If you suspect
a gas leak be EXTREMLY careful as a small leak can be invisible as the
fuel comes out under high pressure and if warm can vaporize
immediatly. You won't see it but can only smell it. Once ignited it is
literaly a blowtorch and will destroy the car quickly if undetected.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Jerry Harry" <jerryHarry@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello List:
> The fuel distributor has a small gas leak on the back side at the
joint were the top and bottom haves meet. I took the unit off and
tried to tighten it but it is very tight already.