Re: Paint removal

To restore the door you don't have to replace it. Even with some
damage and holes from a dent puller it can be repaired. It would
require removal and shipping to someone capable of such repairs but it
would be a lot cheaper than buying another door. The bigger question
is what other damage there is and how badly you want to return the car
to the origional finish. Even if there is no damage to a painted car
not only would it require removal of the paint and fixing any damage
but it will also involve regraining as the surface was probably sanded
by a random orbital sander so as to give the paint job a "bite". The
best way to go about this would be to remove the panels from the car
and chemicaly remove the paint. IMHO if the paint job is in fair shape
leave it alone unless you have a lot of time or money. The person you
need to talk to is Dan Deutch (I probably misspelled his name) as he
had a BLACK car with a bad paint job that he tried to repair and one
thing lead to another and now the car is stainless again.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757