Re: Air Metering Unit

I am guessing you have a major vacuum leak. You say you have a "hollow
plug" on top. If you are referring to the place where a tamperproof
plug is supposed to be that is the spot to adjust the mixture screw.
Make sure it is sealed against vacuum. The metering unit doesn't
really do much at idle as the idle motor controls the amount of air,
the fuel distributer is just putting the minimum amount of fuel into
the motor. Check the 3 brass screws on the intake plenum are LIGHTLY
seated closed and the idle micro switch is being activated by the
throttle spool at idle. There is supposed to be a vacuum layout
sticker on the underside of the engine cover.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "J Rowe" <rowejj@xxxx> wrote:
> I've got a question about the air metering unit. I haven't been
able to get my car started
> at all this week so I went out fooling around with it this morning.
Heres what I found. It