Re: computer governor (should I be concerned?)

Re: computer governor (should I be concerned?)

List, follow my thinking here for a second. I may have an answer for
James.

When the automatic shift lever is in "D" (drive) the selction of gears
is through the GC. However, the GC can be overridden to select a
lower gear by moving the selector to the "2" or "1" position.

So, should it not be possible to make a jumper block that would plug
into the GC diagnostic connector and force the solenoids onto 3rd
gear, thereby allowing the driver to manually select any gear through
the shift lever. This would be a "limp" mode to cover the possibility
that your GC can fail at any time.

I'd test this theory myself but I don't have an automatic.

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
4695