computer governor (should I be concerned?)

computer governor (should I be concerned?)

Hi All,

I own Vin# 5462 in the UK and it is an automatic, I constantly hear
of the Computer Governor going wrong. My car is at almost 40K miles
and seems to be perfectly fine, I have jump started the car a few
times but not recently and this has also been said to cause premature
malfunction.

Is it worth having the governor changed just for reassurance sake? do
they go bad without warning i.e. will I one day be stranded / and is
there an updated version availible which will not go up the wall so
easilly. I don't want to spend a packet and having some 20 year old
replacement put in it's place!. I am not really that interested in
having to modify the governor myself as I only have limited
electrical knowledge.
Also is the governor a Ba***rd to remove is it actually inside the
transmition?

Lastly I want to change the tranny oil and fluid but where to you put
the oil in for the tranny. I know on automatics you useally have to
put the transmition fluid down the transmittion dipstick tube but I
cant see where the gearbox oil goes in?

Hope all of the above doesen't make me look too stupid.

Many Thanks

James RG
England