[DML] Re: Warm-up Regulator?

[moderator's note: I think we're all in agreement that one should excercise care when working on the fuel system. Unless there's more to be said I'll refrain from posting anymore repetative items saying the same thing again and again.]

If you are indeed a REAL fire chief.....WHAT %*@# fire school did you
go too????

If there is a leak from any of the fuel lines and it drips onto a HOT
exhaust manifold or exhaust pipe....what do you think it would do?
FIRE, FIRE, FIRE. I used to be a Fireman and most car fires (except
for the ones that were stolen and purposely set on fire) were due to
a gas leak under the hood OR leaks from anywhere in the fuel system.
Whether it was dripping onto a hot exhaust pipe OR it was leaking and
ANY spark ignited it (even static electricity!). If the ignition
wires are faulty where it's leaking the high voltage through it's
insulation and arching to the engine block with a gas leak, break out
the marshmallows. If the gas does not ignite while dripping onto a
very hot surface like the exhaust manifold, it will create dangerous
noxious/explosive fumes as it evaporates.

I'm not saying "Every go out and buy a fire extinguisher" just that
if you feel uneasy working with the fuel system, leave it to a
professional.

No one on this list is here to scare people.

Steve Rubano
"Post responsibly"