Re: [DML] Dents

Hello-

I have had the dentless ding removal done on my left front
fender. I had a ding on the forward corner of the fender
and had the Dentologits remove it for me. WE first had to
remove the body panel off of the car, since the dent
couldn't be reached because of the fiberglass pontoon. He
then worked at it and removed the dent. After he was
finsished I had to use 80 grit sandpaper to lower some of
his spots. It was his first DeLorean and he was hesitant
to do anything rash on the car. After I sanded it, the
area looked much better, even though it is still visible
under some light. ON a painted car, the paint hides the
imperfections that are left behind. ON our stainless cars,
the upward motions are all visible (like small upward
pings) on the metal and must be sanded down.

The second DeLorean he removed the dent off of he did a
better job since he wasn't so scared to 'damage' the
stainless...mine was the guinea pig, lol.

So, if any of you need a dent removed from your cars..more
than likely you will have to remove the specific panel
before he will even touch the car--or if it is the doors,
remove the door panels...

Later,

Aaron Posey