Three questions and a fun project

Hello All,

First, today, I was doing a general inspection of my D, and came across the
following:

2 images of my driver's side torsion bar:
http://www.eskin.net/delorean/torsion1.JPG
http://www.eskin.net/delorean/torsion2.JPG

Notice how the torsion bar is somewhat corroded and slightly twisted in the
mounting hinge, and seems like some small gaps between the bar and the hinge
mounting point. Here is a photo of the passengers side for comparison:

1 image of my passenger's side torsion bar:
http://www.eskin.net/delorean/torsion3.JPG

Is this driver's side torsion bar something I need to consider getting
fixed? Is this "normal"?

Second, what tire pressures does everyone use? I checked my tire
pressure a few months ago (winter), and today, checked again and (of course,
duh) they were near 40PSI front and rear. So I adjusted them to the
pressures in the manual (30 rear, 23 front). Is this still the recommended
pressures I should adhere to for ordinary driving?

Third, while updating my "Your First Delorean" newbies photo page
(http://www.eskin.net/firstdelorean.html), I came across a connector in the
driver's footwell that goes nowhere... Can anyone identify what it's
purpose is/was? Here is a photo:
http://www.eskin.net/delorean/unknown.JPG No big deal, I'm just curious.

Finally, I built a small, portable digital voltmeter to accurately
monitor the voltage level while driving in Boston traffic in the summer with
the A/C on, as well as when working on the car without the engine running,
and/or just for looks/ fun. Here is a photo.. It was very easy to
assemble, and cost about $25 in parts. If anyone wants the parts list, just
let me know, and I'll put one together.
http://www.eskin.net/delorean/voltmeter.JPG I might try mounting it in the
console in place of the clock.

Thanks in advance,